Tue23Oct20189 - 11 AMCenter for Remembering & Sharing, 123 4th Ave, 3rd Floor (White Room), New York, NY 10003
After nearly 2 decades of movement and anatomy studies I have decided to begin offering a regular practice for folks to discover their body through the lens of fascia.
Classes will consist of a short lecture/dharma of the days topic, movement to promote embodiment, guided meditation to awaken our understanding of the body, partner work to put the experience into practice, and chanting to explore the vibration fields on a cellular and fluid level.
The class will run like a workshop, taking a deep dive into understanding and feeling the body and its depths. Limb by limb, you can expect to redefine your understanding and the feeling of what it means to dwell in a body.Space is limited. No street shoes please.
Register: Please email firstname.lastname@example.org to sign up.
Sun11Nov20189:30 AM - 5 PMTriYoga Camden, 57 jamestown road, london, nw1 7dbIn recent years, fascia has become a mainstay within the vocabulary and foundation of many healing practices. How do we harness our understanding of what fascia is and what it does in our body? How do we translate the content and the anatomy into a usable tool within our yoga teachings and practices? What would it look like if we were to marry these new maps of fascia to the ancient teachings of yoga?In this workshop, we will explore the relationships between the fascia, how it lives in our central channel and how it supports the Chakra system. We will define the fascia anatomy of the structural body, the nervous system and chakras. By understanding how the physical, mental and subtle bodies live within our human form, we can unlock access to our full human potential.Together we will learn:
• How Fascia is organised within the visceral body?
• How the Nervous System interacts with the visceral fascia?
• What is the significance of this interaction?
• Breathing and movement techniques specially designed to free the fascia of the visceral body.
• How the Vegas nerve and the Chakra system are aligned?
• How the organ body and the Chakras are aligned?
• How differentiating the fascia system of the visceral body as a practice will aid us in accessing the vegas nerve and the Chakras system?
• Basic Understanding of the Chakra system and how to access it for our own healing.This workshop is the culmination of 20 years of practice and study. I am excited to offer it to you for the first time through triyoga. I look forward to seeing you all there.* * * If booking for more than one person, please do so by calling 020 7483 3344. Do not book via the website or the second person will not appear on the roster. * * *
Sat08Dec20182 - 4 PMO Yoga, 225 Wilkinson Street, Dietz Lofts Building, Suite 102, Syracuse, NY 13204The diaphragm is largely associated with breathing. But it is misunderstood in it full expression. It plays a massive role in lymph drainage, fluid flow and in almost all major organ functions. The importance of the diaphragm and breathing can become a conscious felt experience that can shift how you feel and function on a daily basis. Through breathing we can learn to sense and manipulate the diaphragm in powerful ways. This access can guide us to stretching and strengthening the diaphragm, promote kidney function, support blood flow and detoxification, improve digestion and the immune system while increasing cellular repair and development.In this workshop we will learn to:
These skills and understandings will develop your ability to:
- Locate and feel the diaphragm
- Understand the many functions and roles of the diaphragm
- Stretch the various muscles and fascia of the diaphragm
- Develop practices in order to support the functioning and capability of the muscle
Cost: $35 if registered by Nov 8 ($45 thereafter)
- Hold a working knowledge of what the diaphragm is and does
- Consciously control and access your diaphragm • Promote high level organ functioning
- Take away a daily practice that can be performed in about 10 minutes
- Learn how to effectively change fascia with the breath
Sat08Dec2018TBAO Yoga, 4467 E. Genesee St, Syracuse, NY
More details coming soon.