Sat13Jan2018 12:45 - 2:45 PMKula Yoga Project (Williamsburg, Brooklyn)
The Art of Navigating the Spine
The spine is the often regarded in its parts. We identify with what is happening in the neck, the middle or the lower back. We describe pain and discomfort in relationship to these specific locations. Our approach to healing and gaining support is identified to the same thought process. The lens of reducing the body into individual parts has blinded us to the simple fact that our bodies are all contained in one bag. And that bag is filled with structures that are intimately related to each other.
In this workshop we will explore the spine in the context of relationships:
- How is the spine organized?
- How does the spine behave like a system?
- How do we use movement to change the fabrics and materials that make up the spine?
- How does fascia fit into this story?
- How do we listen to our bodies needs?
- How can we successfully interpret what our body is telling us?
The workshop will blend a short lecture with movement practices geared to discover and make change to the spine. We look forward to spending the after noon with you.